Monday, January 21, 2013

On the Road with DD!

DD and I are on the road here in the upstate and I am truly loving how the Lord is holding my hand the whole way!  Yesterday, we had the opportunity to share in worship at Covenant UMC in Greer, SC.  I wasn't so sure how it was going to work out, but You already knew all about that, Lord!

 A warm welcome and introduction was given before I shared a composition by Jim Brickman called "Angel's Blessing."  During the fellowship time, I was blessed by so many people that shared the nicest words with me, and I was able to share several brochures about The Sounds of Grace with them.  I also had the chance to make a contact with a local nursing care facility, as well as a beautiful woman who sings to those who are dying!  Lord, you just keep placing people in front of me and I pray that I follow You to use them in the way that You would have me.

The second service was just as beautiful as the first!  The choir sang for both and they were so complimentary of the harp, so since they had already heard us once before, I decided to mix things up a bit and played an arrangement of "It Is Well."  WELL, that just did it!  There was a tremendous applause afterwards, which many of you guys know how I feel about that, and tears were being wiped away simultaneously!  There's just something about that melody that enters our soul and shakes us up, isn't there?  And, once again, after the service, I met so many more wonderful people with the nicest words to share.  The Lord sent someone very special to me who is a pediatric oncology nurse at GHS and now, if everything checks out, DD and I will be playing for the children and their parents on Tuesday!  I love talking about how the Lord has begun a work in me and I....I am praying for strength to be faithful and obedient!  He doesn't need me, but He WANTS me!  Mix that with the grace that He has given me and I don't have any choice but to surrender and work for Him. 

I am also learning that when you completely surrender yourself to the Lord and His will, then it is VERY hard to focus on anything else.  I am so thankful, beyond thankful, for a wonderful family who is supporting me through this journey.  My gratitude to my wonderful husband who is keeping the homefront in check while Im gone....with "a little" help from my mother-in-law and our children :-)


DD is going to be resting today, but I am headed to Furman University to meet with two harpist in hopes that they, too, will want to go and volunteer at Greenville Memorial.  Prayers needed! 

1 comment:

  1. Travels Mercies on you, Kipper. I am thoroughly enjoying your blog. It gives me chills to read about your walk with Jesus. Very inspiring. Thank you for blessing us all with your talent. In His name we pray.

    ReplyDelete